February 9, 2009

Seize the day...and explore your world!

I don't know where all these 12x12 layouts are coming from?! I have always been an 81/2x11 single page (or smaller) kind of girl. However, when I went to Michaels a few weeks ago they were out of my smaller preference so I got the 12x12 with the understanding I would cut it down. Half a dozen pages later...I'm kind of liking the 12x12 format. Let's see how long that lasts! ; )


This double page layout is about a familiar path we walk a few times a day when we are at Pfeiffer Park. I used self adhesive cork for the Elsie inspired treasure map. This cork is freaking fantabulous! I picked up mine at my local Target.


The patterned paper and the other embellishments are from the friendly forest line by colorbok.



Big Sur LO Path to the cabin


Detail on left page:


Big Sur LO Path to the cabin


The flower on the upper right reads Cherished memories. Along the cork I wrote Seize the day... (in sharpie marker)


Detail on right page:



Big Sur LO Path to the cabin

The bottom right I wrote ...and explore your world!

Journaling reads:

The path to the Homestead Cabin (among other places) is familiar and popular during the daylight. After dark however, it turns into a spooky adventure!




Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment:

Hello Dahling said...

Homestead cabin is so benign during the day, but at night, as you indicate, is so spooky. I LOVE IT and so do my kids. What a cool thing to have in our lives...and to bond us together...freaky binds...and it does..

Love
a